Landed cost calculator
Calculate the landed cost of your international import shipment instantly using our this online calculator.
What is landed cost?
The landed cost of your import shipment is al the financial outlay required to purchase the goods and import it. The landed cost is the cost price you use to determine whether an import venture is a viable business opportunity, given the potential profit margin you can maintain whilst charging your clients a competitive sales price.
To use this calculator you will need the following information:
- Your supplier’s sales contract and commercial invoice.
- The exchange rate at time of payment, or an estimate if you have not yet paid.
- The breakdown of cost for transport from your supplier to the international carrier.
- The cost of international carriage (freight). If you do not have a costing on freight yet, click here to get one.
- The breakdown of cost for transport from the international carrier to your premises.
- The cost of your cargo (freight) insurance
- The duty tax percentage of your goods. If you are not sure what this percentage is, please refer to our import duty directory.
Complete the appropriate fields using the above information to calculate the landed cost of your shipment.
Landed Cost Calculator
Have a question? Get in touch
Find more help with your import logistics, original resources, leading-edge training, and assistance with customs licenses on Trade Logistics. We know that sometimes it is best to speak to someone. Our consultants are available to give you Customs, import export and registration advice as and when you need it. Simply give us a call on 021 827 6200.